Manual Handling Training and Updates
The Harmony Employment Agency is running a programme of regular half-day Manual Handling Training Events throughout 2011 in Edinburgh. Call us on 0131 225 8888 to book your place.
This training course, led by qualified instructors, is designed to empower trainees to ensure good practice in manual handling in a social care setting. We will study and then do supervised practice in safe lifting, rolling, dressing, standing/sitting and hoisting techniques, enabling you to plan tasks safely and effectively. Participants who succesfully complete the course will be given an attendance certificate.
This course will be of interest to
- Care Workers,
- Personnel involved in manual handling and lifting at work,
- Persons responsible for the Health and Safety of people at work.
The course will cover:
- Legislation and responsibilities related to manual handling,
- Employers and Employees duties,
- Safety of the spine in lifting techniques
- Correct manual lifting and handling techniques in a range of scenarios, for individuals and teams,
- Good practice when undertaking lifting & handling tasks,
- Risk assessing manual handling tasks.
Places are available for individuals and for group bookings.
Please call 0131 225 8888 for all enquiries.